“The Center for Venture Research (CVR) is a multidisciplinary research unit of the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire. The Center’s principal area of expertise is in the study of early-stage equity financing for high growth ventures.”
For nearly two decades, the Center has compiled and published reports on the US angel investor market, i.e., high net worth individuals who invest their personal funds into high-growth startups. This is complemented by a set of publications, technical reports, and working papers such as:
- Crafting the next generation of angels: a promising model in experiential learning
- New Venture Legitimacy: the Conditions for Angel Investors
- Do women-owned businesses have equal access to angel capital?
- The Effect of Gender Diversity on Angel Group Investment
- Business Angels: Investment Processes, Outcomes and Current Trends
- The effect of angel investors’ narcissism and investment behaviors
- Angel investors’ temporal orientation and their investment choices
and many more!
Access to CVR data
One has to purchase the Center for Venture Research data, which was used in the following entrepreneurship research work(s):
- Ughetto, E., Rossi, M., Audretsch, D., & Lehmann, E. E. (2019). Female entrepreneurship in the digital era. Small Business Economics, 55(2), 305–312. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11187-019-00298-8