Entrepreneurship Practice: Business Development, Marketing, & Sales
I have 20+ years of experience as a B2B business development and technology venturing professional. This includes stints in the US & India at tech startups, multi-national companies, boutique consulting firms, and incubator-accelerators.
With a keen understanding of technology-driven businesses and markets, I have driven sales, marketing, and fund-raising for early‐stage, B2B startups. I have built and leveraged professional networks at the CXO and Board of Director levels. I have worked across industries such as software, semiconductors, information & communication technologies, cleantech, biotech, robotics, and advanced engineering.
My intellectual property (IP) and technology monetization skills have been honed at:
- Freescale Semiconductor (a US company with 5000+ patents),
- IPVALUE (a Silicon Valley venture that has generated $1B+ in licensing revenue), and
- Tata Consultancy Services (Indian IT industry’s pioneer in IP-led growth)
This is complemented by experience in venture incubation, science commercialization, and seed funding at the Entrepreneurship Development Center and cross-border B2B business development at AcceleratorIndia. As Chief Business Officer at CSIR-Tech, I worked closely with the board of directors to conceptualize, structure, and led the fund‐raising efforts for a unique, science‐focused venture capital fund. I also held profit-and-loss responsibility for technology transfer and collaborative research and development engagements. As Chief Business Officer at FlytBase, I led the Series Seed fund-raise, US market entry for flagship products, and strategic go-to-market partnerships for enterprise drone automation software.
I have voluntarily contributed to professional organizations such as:
- Industry Advisory Board, Licensing Executives Society International (LESI)
- Task Force on IP Valuation, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Semiconductor Research Consortium (SRC)
- The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE)
- Network of Indian Professionals (NetIP)
I have also been a primary author or a co-author in many peer-reviewed technical publications. Most of these have been technical papers focused on semiconductor circuit design, analysis, simulation, and optimization.
I hold the following educational degrees:
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE in Instrumentation & Control) from the Government College of Engineering, Pune, India
- Master of Science (MS) with Electrical Engineering major and Computer Science minor from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, US
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Texas, Austin, US.